One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Without a limit or boundary.‘a war without end’
unlimited, limitless, infinite, inexhaustible, boundless, unbounded, untold, immeasurable, measureless, incalculable, inestimablecontinuous, unbroken, uninterrupted, never-ending, without end, non-stopView synonyms
- ‘But war without end is not a policy; it's asking for trouble.’
- ‘We will be marching and attending rallies without end unless there is a significant and profound change in American life and policy.’
- ‘Sadly, the Fire Brigades Union seem to have talked, and walked, themselves into a series of strikes without end.’
- ‘And to find it, you need love and courage without end.’
- ‘No other land is in sight, only an ocean without end.’
- ‘It has three times reduced taxes - mostly on the rich - careening the federal budget from a surplus to a deficit without end.’
- ‘In the context of ‘a war on terrorism,’ which is a war without end, there is no enemy combatant per se, and it makes everything even heavier.’
- ‘But work without end spells less time for study.’
- ‘The words it spoke were without beginning and without end, an eternal toll.’
- ‘The appalling realities seem to continue without end.’
- ‘There is noise, disturbance, pollution, and traffic without end - a habitat that only Homo sapiens can endure.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.