Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
With the intention of committing a crime.‘he denied arson with intent to endanger life’
- ‘At an earlier hearing Carter pleaded guilty to arson with intent to endanger life.’
- ‘That certainly could not have affected the verdict on the wounding with intent.’
- ‘He faces charges of attempted arson and having articles with intent to destroy or damage property.’
- ‘They are also charged with possessing an imitation firearm with intent to commit an offence.’
- ‘The teenagers pleaded guilty to conspiracy to commit grievous bodily harm with intent.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.