Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Dead and in heaven.
dead, expired, departed, gone, no more, passed on, passed awayView synonyms
- ‘Christians have an eternal life in Heaven with God to look forward to.’
- ‘Can we experience joy with God in heaven if we know nothing of joy and celebration here on earth?’
- ‘Dr David said Annabel's death was an awful tragedy but the family was comforted by the fact she was with God.’
- ‘This requires that people grow and receive God and occupy their place with God.’
- ‘His family knew he was going to be with God and they know they are going to be with God.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.