One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
expecting a baby, having a baby, with a baby on the way, having a child, expectant, carrying a childView synonyms
- ‘While I walk, I muse on art and life. Back home, I make breakfast for Rose, who is with child.’
- ‘Slowly, her body returns to the form it was before she was with child.’
- ‘The duke had no heirs, only a wife who was about five months with child.’
- ‘Not being with child, I cannot attest to the truthfulness of the latter claim - and there is only so much I'll do in the name of research.’
- ‘Yesterday, I drove out to St. Thomas to do a little private practice for one of my colleagues who is with child.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.