One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In contrast to the wistfulness associated with nostalgia, however, the feeling here was one of nervousness, and even desperation.’
- ‘My flirting with him represents some wistfulness, nostalgia and regret of those years past.’
- ‘A seasonal wistfulness follows as I remember the faces and places of the Christmases of the past.’
- ‘Rarely accused of being a great actor herself, she is a tremendous movie star and undercuts her stunning physical presence with a genuine vulnerability and wistfulness that might make her the most realistic character in the picture.’
- ‘She saw a homesickness and wistfulness, and suddenly thought of the Little Mermaid in Hans Christian Andersen's fairy tales, before Disney left its mark on the classic.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.