One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of hair, threads, smoke, etc.) fine; feathery.‘the sky was blue with a few wispy clouds’
thin, fine, feathery, flyaway, stragglyView synonyms
- ‘It had just a few little wispy feathers growing out of it, which made it look even more eerie.’
- ‘Thin, wispy clouds sailed from the east, from the direction of the great ocean.’
- ‘He's so thin and wispy it looks like if I touched him he'd break like a china doll.’
- ‘His wispy brown hair is flecked with gray, a striking contrast to his crimson face.’
- ‘Lia ran a hand through her hair and leaned forward, allowing a few wispy tendrils to straggle free from her messy ponytail.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.