One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See wishin combination ‘an ill-wisher’
- ‘This revelation worries me for our future, because it brings his whole character and judgement into focus as a dreamer as well as a wisher?’
- ‘For all her outrageous inventions, Mrs. Connell is arguably more endearing than her ill wishers.’
- ‘Microsoft lists ten wishes that have already been granted here, and as Mark points out, the successful wishers are not identified.’
- ‘Certainly, the wishers and dreamers have crisscrossed these lands several times, hunting for wealth in crops, cattle, and minerals.’
- ‘Just because I don't share the same theology as the wisher doesn't mean I have to get all snippy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.