One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See wishin combination ‘an ill-wisher’
- ‘This revelation worries me for our future, because it brings his whole character and judgement into focus as a dreamer as well as a wisher?’
- ‘Certainly, the wishers and dreamers have crisscrossed these lands several times, hunting for wealth in crops, cattle, and minerals.’
- ‘Just because I don't share the same theology as the wisher doesn't mean I have to get all snippy.’
- ‘Microsoft lists ten wishes that have already been granted here, and as Mark points out, the successful wishers are not identified.’
- ‘For all her outrageous inventions, Mrs. Connell is arguably more endearing than her ill wishers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.