Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Feel or express a desire for someone's well-being.‘everyone wished him well’
- ‘Everyone wishes her well because she's a great talent and a lovely lady.’
- ‘There was that lovely feeling of togetherness with everyone wishing her well, all delighting in the latest chapter in her life.’
- ‘I think everyone wishes him well but maybe in the past we have been too tolerant simply because we regard him as a well-liked and unique character.’
- ‘The West Highland Way walk was great because as well as giving to charity, everyone joined together in wishing me well.’
- ‘If you don't care about your own emotional well-being, my just wishing you well won't really help you.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.