One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Feel or express a desire for someone's well-being.‘everyone wished him well’
- ‘Everyone wishes her well because she's a great talent and a lovely lady.’
- ‘If you don't care about your own emotional well-being, my just wishing you well won't really help you.’
- ‘The West Highland Way walk was great because as well as giving to charity, everyone joined together in wishing me well.’
- ‘There was that lovely feeling of togetherness with everyone wishing her well, all delighting in the latest chapter in her life.’
- ‘I think everyone wishes him well but maybe in the past we have been too tolerant simply because we regard him as a well-liked and unique character.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.