One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The satisfying of unconscious desires in dreams or fantasies.‘there is a strong element of wish fulfilment in this episode’
- ‘The absurd story, like that of many heroic operas, declares itself as wish-fulfilment unadulterated.’
- ‘Of course, musicals are an exercise in wish-fulfilment.’
- ‘In part it is because it so successfully juggles fantasy and reality, wish-fulfilment and the daily grind of life.’
- ‘The former is governed by wish-fulfilment and the pleasure principle; the latter by conscious planning and the reality principle.’
- ‘It's a classical case of subconscious wish-fulfilment.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.