One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A mail-order catalogue.
brochure, prospectus, guide, magalogue, mailerView synonyms
- ‘During Thanksgiving, November 1993, I was perusing every pilot's favorite wish book, Trade-A-Plane, when I spotted an ad for a 60 percent restored Firefly!’
- ‘I mentioned Herters and I suspect that is a name foreign to many of you, but in my youth their catalog was the wish book for all things outdoors.’
- ‘For this and other extraordinarily desirable gear, go to my favorite wish book, the Duluth Trading Co. catalog.’
- ‘Every Friday I check in to see if there's something new and cheap - to add to an ever-growing collection of home and garden magazines, otherwise known a ‘wish books‘.’
- ‘Mailed wish books let Americans shop beyond their needs’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.