Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A mail-order catalogue.
brochure, prospectus, guide, magalogue, mailerView synonyms
- ‘For this and other extraordinarily desirable gear, go to my favorite wish book, the Duluth Trading Co. catalog.’
- ‘Mailed wish books let Americans shop beyond their needs’
- ‘Every Friday I check in to see if there's something new and cheap - to add to an ever-growing collection of home and garden magazines, otherwise known a ‘wish books‘.’
- ‘During Thanksgiving, November 1993, I was perusing every pilot's favorite wish book, Trade-A-Plane, when I spotted an ad for a 60 percent restored Firefly!’
- ‘I mentioned Herters and I suspect that is a name foreign to many of you, but in my youth their catalog was the wish book for all things outdoors.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.