1The biblical books of Job, Proverbs, Ecclesiastes, Song of Songs, Wisdom of Solomon, and Ecclesiasticus collectively.
- ‘This universality is typical of wisdom literature in the Bible.’
- ‘Those texts were at one point or another constituted into textual inscriptions, and they form part of larger genres, such as wisdom literature, or collections of proverbs, or historical books.’
- ‘The final section of the book turns to an exploration of how the contemporary faith community might use biblical wisdom literature to address the educational needs of both church and society.’
- ‘This book is a good example of how to handle and profit from the wisdom literature of the Old Testament, and ought to be widely used.’
- ‘Thereafter there is little agreement in the order of the books: some manuscripts place the psalms and wisdom literature before the prophets (as in Protestant Bibles), while others reverse this order.’
- 1.1 Similar works, especially from the ancient Near East, containing proverbial sayings and practical maxims.
- ‘Much of this knowledge regarding winning attitudes is in the wisdom literature of the ancients.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.