One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A hostel or inn in a German-speaking country.
- ‘The food is considerably better than the Wirtshaus appellation implies, and the clientele is a lot more upscale than the usual wurst-with-potatoes-and-beer crowd.’
- ‘The atmosphere in the Wirtshaus in der Au is very friendly and has great service.’
- ‘We'll send you updates with the latest deals, reviews and articles for Wirtshaus Greiner and Graz each week.’
- ‘In the Wirtshaus zum Griena you won't find tremendously fancy food.’
- ‘One of the oldest taverns in Munich, this Wirtshaus has an excellent combination of fantastic service and outstanding local dishes.’
German, literally ‘house of the innkeeper’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.