One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1US An installer or repairer of electric wiring.
- ‘Now certain companies have come into existence which employee residential wiremen to serve their customers.’
- ‘A journeyman electrician or wireman will still be responsible for answering to the job foreman, contractor or building foreman throughout the job.’
- ‘Under the direct supervision of journeymen wiremen, the apprentice will learn the skills associated with being an electrician.’
- ‘Inside wiremen are responsible for the installation of all wires, busses, conduits, switches, converters, transformers, electric motors, and other electrical apparatus of a stationary nature.’
- ‘A total of 786 candidates passed the competency certificate examination for supervisors and wiremen conducted in June this year by the State Board of Technical Education and Training.’
2A journalist working for a news agency.‘a job as a night wireman at a Toronto press agency’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.