One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for steel wool
- ‘Alternatively, restorer's wax polish (there are several proprietary brands available) also applied with very fine wire wool and then polished with a rag gives an excellent finish.’
- ‘Always follow the provided instructions very carefully, leaving the chemical stripper for the stated time before removing with fine grade wire wool.’
- ‘He used the wire wool scouring scrubbing pad that I use to clean the cooker.’
- ‘Someone has attempted to erase the rather ugly scrawl in the middle with wire wool, or something scratchily similar.’
- ‘Scrub rusty grates with wire wool and give cast-iron surrounds a gloss with grate polish, available from hardware shops.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.