[mass noun] Financial fraud involving the use of telecommunications or information technology.
- ‘Prosecutors also dropped wire fraud and computer fraud charges in the agreement.’
- ‘He will be sentenced for conspiracy to commit wire fraud, computer fraud, and money laundering, on February 19.’
- ‘They're charged with conspiracy, computer fraud, wire fraud, and possession of unauthorized access devices.’
- ‘If that is a misrepresentation they have committed wire fraud, criminal fraud, and an assortment of other crimes and torts.’
- ‘May we humbly request your immediate and urgent attention to tell you the story of a Nigerian e-mail scammer convicted of wire fraud in Houston, Texas?’