Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Financial fraud involving the use of telecommunications or information technology.
- ‘May we humbly request your immediate and urgent attention to tell you the story of a Nigerian e-mail scammer convicted of wire fraud in Houston, Texas?’
- ‘Prosecutors also dropped wire fraud and computer fraud charges in the agreement.’
- ‘If that is a misrepresentation they have committed wire fraud, criminal fraud, and an assortment of other crimes and torts.’
- ‘They're charged with conspiracy, computer fraud, wire fraud, and possession of unauthorized access devices.’
- ‘He will be sentenced for conspiracy to commit wire fraud, computer fraud, and money laundering, on February 19.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.