One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
From start to finish.‘he may not have what it takes to lead from wire-to-wire’
- ‘Both made the play-offs again in 1997, the Orioles as wire-to-wire division champs.’
- ‘If she starts out fast, she could go wire-to-wire.’
- ‘Lost in the Fog was a tired colt on Sunday morning but otherwise in good spirits a day after his wire-to-wire victory in the King's Bishop Stakes at Saratoga Race Course.’
- ‘Get it while it's hot because it'll be awhile before the ol’ ball coach competes wire-to-wire for the SEC championship.’
- ‘At Phoenix, he became the first driver in IRL history to lap the field as he led wire-to-wire en route to his first victory of the season.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.