1A windscreen wiper.
- ‘If you need any guidance what that's like, just switch off the wipers in your road car.’
- ‘Much of the earlier Punto remains: a facility to operate the electric front windows after the key has been taken out of the ignition, and windscreen washer-activated wipers.’
- ‘On those same dark and damp days, the light-sensing headlamps and rain-sensitive wipers kick in without touching the controls.’
- ‘Michael again used the wipers to clear the windscreen.’
- ‘The scope slides over the windscreen, the wipers are on.’
- ‘My wife was in the car and she had to use her wipers to clear the bees from her windscreen.’
- ‘Lateral airbags, xenon headlamps, headlamp wash, automatic headlamps, automatic wipers and heat reflecting windscreen are among the features that have been removed.’
- ‘From engine and radiator parts to filters, wipers, auto body parts and trim and a whole lot more, you will find everything to repair and maintain your Nissan car.’
- ‘What's more, French cars these days are priced well below the German rivals and come as standard with all sorts of electronic trickery such as rain-sensing wipers and tyre-pressure sensors to make them even more appealing.’
- ‘The rest of the parts - air conditioning, window wipers, door handles, etc. - were chosen and assembled to maximize reliability.’
- ‘I liked the automatically adjusting front wipers, but there was no rear wiper.’
- ‘The safety kit is good, with six airbags, while a tyre-puncture monitor, rain-sensing wipers and automatic headlights’
- ‘Another feature is the wash-wipe facility that can be programmed to vary the number of times the wipers operate after the windscreen wash has finished.’
- ‘The market for this shielding includes dashboard electronic components, electronic systems controls and small electric motors for wipers, seats and mirrors.’
- ‘Probably, he thought, peering out through struggling wind screen wipers at rows of brake lights ahead.’
- ‘Two hours later, Colin returned to his car, to find a note under the wiper of his windscreen.’
- ‘Nhtsa requires that the vehicle is equipped with a safety glass windshield, turn signals, mirrors, wipers, headlights and taillights, brake lights and seatbelts.’
- ‘It seems all wrong in modern surroundings, though, and I was forever activating the wipers needlessly.’
- ‘To a motorcyclist, that's almost as good as wipers and a CD player.’
- ‘It wasn't until I was halfway home and the screen was fully thawed that I spotted it - a limp stalk being dragged across the windscreen by the wipers.’
2An electrical contact which moves across a surface.
3A cam or tappet.