One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Fields of wheat reviving after a long winter sleep blew lightly in a chilled breeze of early spring.’
- ‘A meat-based pet food and a bowl of fresh water should be sufficient to tide your resident hedgehog over after its long winter sleep.’
- ‘Life bustles around you, birds fight, build and procreate & flowers burst from their winter sleep and come alive with the most radiant shades of yellow, pink and purple.’
- ‘This process begins the new growing season and signals the end of dormancy, their period of winter sleep.’
- ‘The slightest gust sends showers of leaves pirouetting to the ground, victims of trees withdrawing their sap in preparation for winter sleep.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.