One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Able to be won or gained.‘a tough but winnable game’‘a Tory hitlist of winnable seats’
- ‘Her new electorate would have been a tough battle for a National member, but it was potentially winnable.’
- ‘Some of their stories may be better than others in terms of whether they are winnable in a courtroom or not.’
- ‘If they heard the gospel from their own folk, they are winnable.’
- ‘I like to play the solitaire game that ships with Windows, but I wish it would tell me whether or not each deal is winnable.’
- ‘You should design the game to be winnable, or at least possibly winnable through multiple paths.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.