One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Able to be won or gained.‘a tough but winnable game’‘a Tory hitlist of winnable seats’
- ‘If they heard the gospel from their own folk, they are winnable.’
- ‘Her new electorate would have been a tough battle for a National member, but it was potentially winnable.’
- ‘Some of their stories may be better than others in terms of whether they are winnable in a courtroom or not.’
- ‘You should design the game to be winnable, or at least possibly winnable through multiple paths.’
- ‘I like to play the solitaire game that ships with Windows, but I wish it would tell me whether or not each deal is winnable.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.