One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- short for wing commander
- ‘And the gentleman holding it is Peter ‘The Wingco’ Henley, now retired after a distinguished career in the RAF and as a test pilot for British Aerospace.’
- ‘‘There you are Bigglesworth,’ said the Wingco with just a trace of annoyance.’
- ‘In common with several other Wing Leader's logs I have researched I have come to the conclusion that Wingcos were not too fussy about such mundane detail… Also I have checked ‘Lefty’ Whitman's log against the ORB and he frequently flew JF-T.’
- ‘The Battle of Longewala and our victory would not have been possible but for the leadership of Wingco Bawa.’
- ‘Having known about the search for Wingco Warburton's crash site since Nov.2001, I found myself having to make arrangements for the wreckage to be transported back to UK.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.