One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An edible marine bivalve mollusc with a fragile flattened shell, the hinge of which bears winglike projections.
Family Pteridae: Pteria and other genera
- ‘A few samples of invertebrate species, such as angel wing oysters, contained contaminant levels well above safe and acceptable limits; this was attributed to direct grazing on surfaces that contain potential contaminants.’
- ‘A few of those even more valued by collectors - Eastern murex, lightning whelks, Atlantic wing oysters, Scotch bonnets - usually wash up after storms.’
- ‘The superstructure is covered in wing oysters.’
- ‘Fringing the rocks are sea whips with wing oysters clinging to them.’
- ‘The Mabe oyster is a penguin wing oyster that produces blister pearls with better luster, iridescence, and color than other species.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.