One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A half back positioned towards the right or left side of the field.
- ‘Donald Duckett, a Thornton-born wing half, made 165 appearances at Valley Parade.’
- ‘He is definitely maturing into a dependable player, a genuine wing half as he showed in the bronze medal match in the absence of the injured Saini.’
- ‘There was too a splendid resource in the play of the Bury wing halves and defenders.’
- ‘He was a regular at wing half in the 51-52 season but was ‘called up’ and made only 16 appearances over the next two years.’
- ‘He was not the most naturally gifted of players but the tough-tackling wing half was very enthusiastic and was popular with both United and England fans.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.