Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A half back positioned towards the right or left side of the field.
- ‘Donald Duckett, a Thornton-born wing half, made 165 appearances at Valley Parade.’
- ‘He was not the most naturally gifted of players but the tough-tackling wing half was very enthusiastic and was popular with both United and England fans.’
- ‘He was a regular at wing half in the 51-52 season but was ‘called up’ and made only 16 appearances over the next two years.’
- ‘There was too a splendid resource in the play of the Bury wing halves and defenders.’
- ‘He is definitely maturing into a dependable player, a genuine wing half as he showed in the bronze medal match in the absence of the injured Saini.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.