A half back positioned towards the right or left side of the field.
- ‘He is definitely maturing into a dependable player, a genuine wing half as he showed in the bronze medal match in the absence of the injured Saini.’
- ‘He was not the most naturally gifted of players but the tough-tackling wing half was very enthusiastic and was popular with both United and England fans.’
- ‘He was a regular at wing half in the 51-52 season but was ‘called up’ and made only 16 appearances over the next two years.’
- ‘There was too a splendid resource in the play of the Bury wing halves and defenders.’
- ‘Donald Duckett, a Thornton-born wing half, made 165 appearances at Valley Parade.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.