One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A fence erected to guide livestock into a yard.‘two or three of the imprisoned beasts rush out, only to be penned against the wing fence’
- ‘He faltered in his stride, and then he was flying down the wing fence towards the stockyard.’
- ‘We had seventy-five buffalo that we had driven into the natural corral using the wing fence.’
- ‘The trap might consist of nothing more than a large wing fence angling out from a rabbit-proof boundary fence.’
- ‘Spare metal gates form the other side of the race and are connected to a temporary wing fence.’
- ‘With any luck, the wing fence would divert the cattle from the thicket and onto our pasture.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.