Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A rank of officer in the RAF, above squadron leader and below group captain.→ Wingco
- ‘General Bradley went on to serve as an instructor pilot, an operations officer, a fighter wing commander and a numbered air force commander.’
- ‘should flying allowance be structured to encourage people to serve as a squadron leader or wing commander?’
- ‘All group commanders report to the wing commander's office.’
- ‘Adrian Warburton was a wing commander who became one of the most highly decorated airmen of the war.’
- ‘Mr Boyack, 69, has worked for ex-service personnel and the local community since he retired from the RAF as a wing commander 15 years ago.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.