One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A high-backed armchair with side pieces projecting from the back.
- ‘I should have mentioned I am wearing a smoking jacket and sitting in a leather wing chair as I dictate this.’
- ‘The formality can be seen in the coffee table, in the pink chair, in the settee by the window, and in the striped wing chair.’
- ‘A chintz wing chair with salmon in the pattern will play nicely off the wall color, and drapes in a slightly darker salmon will pull the look together.’
- ‘The next week he was an old man, sitting in his blue wing chair in grandma's living room - frustrated, angry, and somehow… broken.’
- ‘Just the name conjures up images of leather-bound books, mahogany desks and some old chap mulling over life in the comfort of his wing chair.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.