One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘All this anointed with a clear, bright, winey gravy, innocent of thickening gloop and judiciously scented with rosemary.’
- ‘Even the tomato sauce accompanying his delightful goat cheese rosti is special, tasting of ripe, red fresh tomatoes against a mellow winey backdrop.’
- ‘Otherwise, there were yielding green figs in winey, citrusy syrup, with a faultless vanilla ice-cream liquefying sensuously into it.’
- ‘Even a plate of herb-roasted chicken speaks with assurance here: the bird moist and full of serious chicken flavor; a winy and nicely uninsistent sauce of chanterelle mushrooms making a bed of melted leeks taste even more opulent.’
- ‘He serves it in a soup plate, surrounded by a modest quantity of a rich, winey reduction and heretical though that may be, that improved it.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.