Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An establishment where wine is made.
- ‘There are so many new wineries and wines that it will take several columns to cover just the highlights.’
- ‘Then several years later, the winery hired Greg Bruni to come to West Texas to make the wine.’
- ‘Bulgaria has more than 50 wineries and wine cellars, which are privately owned.’
- ‘Some of these wineries are also producing Sauvignon Blanc, Gewürztraminer, and Riesling.’
- ‘We get the wine we deserve if we continue to support wineries that demand high prices for untried products.’
- ‘By this time the region had sprouted quite a few more vineyards and wineries.’
- ‘The fact that it's from Hungary shouldn't put you off, as anything from the Neszmely winery is worth buying.’
- ‘The same winery's Swan Bay Pinot Noir (closed with a screwcap) was undrinkable.’
- ‘The rest of the winery's production is sold at charity auctions.’
- ‘Then he met a banker named Donna, who thought Lee's idea of starting a winery was great.’
- ‘Made by a winery that makes great wines at every price point, this is a restrained, citrus fruity white.’
- ‘Unless you see a favorite that you want that night, choose a wine from a winery you've never heard of.’
- ‘The back label has a little blurb about the winery and its philosophy.’
- ‘I would now like to touch on the subject of wine being sold by wineries on a Sunday.’
- ‘Like the Plaimont co-op, Torres is another winery that has two wines in my selection.’
- ‘Texas will collect sales tax revenue on shipments now as well as a shipper's permit fee from wineries.’
- ‘We wander into the winery next door to the studio, with its gleaming silver vats and stacked wooden crates of bottles ready for dispatch.’
- ‘But in my research on this wine, I was able to find out a bit about the wine and the winery.’
- ‘National tasting tours and promotional events held by a number of wineries are also well attended.’
- ‘The winery also produced a very wide range of other wines, but Cabernet was and is its mainstay.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.