Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An establishment where wine is made.
- ‘Made by a winery that makes great wines at every price point, this is a restrained, citrus fruity white.’
- ‘The fact that it's from Hungary shouldn't put you off, as anything from the Neszmely winery is worth buying.’
- ‘The back label has a little blurb about the winery and its philosophy.’
- ‘By this time the region had sprouted quite a few more vineyards and wineries.’
- ‘Texas will collect sales tax revenue on shipments now as well as a shipper's permit fee from wineries.’
- ‘Some of these wineries are also producing Sauvignon Blanc, Gewürztraminer, and Riesling.’
- ‘The same winery's Swan Bay Pinot Noir (closed with a screwcap) was undrinkable.’
- ‘The rest of the winery's production is sold at charity auctions.’
- ‘Bulgaria has more than 50 wineries and wine cellars, which are privately owned.’
- ‘We wander into the winery next door to the studio, with its gleaming silver vats and stacked wooden crates of bottles ready for dispatch.’
- ‘We get the wine we deserve if we continue to support wineries that demand high prices for untried products.’
- ‘But in my research on this wine, I was able to find out a bit about the wine and the winery.’
- ‘There are so many new wineries and wines that it will take several columns to cover just the highlights.’
- ‘Then several years later, the winery hired Greg Bruni to come to West Texas to make the wine.’
- ‘National tasting tours and promotional events held by a number of wineries are also well attended.’
- ‘Like the Plaimont co-op, Torres is another winery that has two wines in my selection.’
- ‘I would now like to touch on the subject of wine being sold by wineries on a Sunday.’
- ‘Then he met a banker named Donna, who thought Lee's idea of starting a winery was great.’
- ‘The winery also produced a very wide range of other wines, but Cabernet was and is its mainstay.’
- ‘Unless you see a favorite that you want that night, choose a wine from a winery you've never heard of.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.