One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An establishment where wine is made.
- ‘The winery also produced a very wide range of other wines, but Cabernet was and is its mainstay.’
- ‘Some of these wineries are also producing Sauvignon Blanc, Gewürztraminer, and Riesling.’
- ‘Then he met a banker named Donna, who thought Lee's idea of starting a winery was great.’
- ‘The back label has a little blurb about the winery and its philosophy.’
- ‘The same winery's Swan Bay Pinot Noir (closed with a screwcap) was undrinkable.’
- ‘Made by a winery that makes great wines at every price point, this is a restrained, citrus fruity white.’
- ‘There are so many new wineries and wines that it will take several columns to cover just the highlights.’
- ‘The rest of the winery's production is sold at charity auctions.’
- ‘But in my research on this wine, I was able to find out a bit about the wine and the winery.’
- ‘By this time the region had sprouted quite a few more vineyards and wineries.’
- ‘Then several years later, the winery hired Greg Bruni to come to West Texas to make the wine.’
- ‘The fact that it's from Hungary shouldn't put you off, as anything from the Neszmely winery is worth buying.’
- ‘I would now like to touch on the subject of wine being sold by wineries on a Sunday.’
- ‘Like the Plaimont co-op, Torres is another winery that has two wines in my selection.’
- ‘Bulgaria has more than 50 wineries and wine cellars, which are privately owned.’
- ‘We wander into the winery next door to the studio, with its gleaming silver vats and stacked wooden crates of bottles ready for dispatch.’
- ‘National tasting tours and promotional events held by a number of wineries are also well attended.’
- ‘Texas will collect sales tax revenue on shipments now as well as a shipper's permit fee from wineries.’
- ‘Unless you see a favorite that you want that night, choose a wine from a winery you've never heard of.’
- ‘We get the wine we deserve if we continue to support wineries that demand high prices for untried products.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.