One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
adjective & nounarchaic, literary
- ‘Bulgarians have a heritage of winemaking and winebibbing.’
- ‘It's the people God and Jesus love: the greedy, smelly, selfish, winebibbing, note-cribbing, pride-filled, smoke-filled, hate-filled men and women who live here on planet earth.’
- ‘It's obvious that the alcoholics and boozers and other kinds of people who engage in winebibbing are the weaker brothers, if they're Christians at all, which I doubt.’
- ‘There are purse-proud penniless ones that stand at the door of the tavern and prate of their feats of winebibbing.’
- ‘You begin to understand why the late great A.J. Liebling, the old New Yorker's peerless connoisseur of all sport, from winebibbing to politics, despised baseball.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.