Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
(in South Africa) a wine officially certified as originating from a recognized region or estate and also as being of a particular cultivar or vintage.
- ‘All Stellenbosch wines of origin are from vineyards on the slopes of the Helderberg.’
- ‘This new scheme would not only protect wines of origin but also wines made from a specific cultivar or vintage.’
- ‘He has gone on record as saying that he doesn't care what the industry or the press think, what he wants to do is produce wines of origin that taste like they come from the Willamette valley.’
- ‘The standards and legislation for protecting Ontario's wines of origin are similar to those in place in major wine producing regions.’
- ‘With Mittelburgenland Dac, the Austrian wine economy continues to implement its strategy of emphasizing wines of origin with clear taste messages.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.