One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An appropriate time of day for starting to drink wine.‘I just checked my watch and it's definitely wine o'clock’
- ‘I thought that cheeky sense of humour only came out to play at wine o'clock?’
- ‘My back is killing me - must be wine o'clock!’
- ‘Wine o'clock just got better.’
- ‘For myself, wine o'clock starts as many seconds after the kids are in bed as it takes for me to lurch to the wine rack.’
- ‘Dr Jarvis says that perhaps we need to call time on the culture of wine o'clock.’
- ‘Sparkling, red, white, dessert - nothing beats the perfect glass of wine for a special celebration, or just because it's wine o'clock.’
- ‘One persisted in phoning our home, usually after wine o'clock.’
- ‘We pull ourselves away to pedal back to the hotel in time for wine o'clock.’
- ‘I think it's wine o'clock, goodnight!’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.