One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An appropriate time of day for starting to drink wine.‘I just checked my watch and it's definitely wine o'clock’
- ‘I thought that cheeky sense of humour only came out to play at wine o'clock?’
- ‘My back is killing me - must be wine o'clock!’
- ‘For myself, wine o'clock starts as many seconds after the kids are in bed as it takes for me to lurch to the wine rack.’
- ‘One persisted in phoning our home, usually after wine o'clock.’
- ‘Sparkling, red, white, dessert - nothing beats the perfect glass of wine for a special celebration, or just because it's wine o'clock.’
- ‘We pull ourselves away to pedal back to the hotel in time for wine o'clock.’
- ‘I think it's wine o'clock, goodnight!’
- ‘Wine o'clock just got better.’
- ‘Dr Jarvis says that perhaps we need to call time on the culture of wine o'clock.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.