One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The sport or activity of riding on water on a sailboard.
- ‘With over 20 million windsurfers around the globe, this initiative is targeting windsurfing and related water sports as a tourism attraction.’
- ‘All of the amenities are at hand, including tennis courts, squash, minigolf, windsurfing, pedal boats, kayaks, water-skiing, parasailing, scuba diving and fitness areas.’
- ‘Water sports are a major attraction here, including water-skiing, kayaking, windsurfing and paraskiing.’
- ‘As she rattles off a list of pursuits that include snorkeling, kayaking, beach volleyball, scuba diving, windsurfing and water skiing, my anticipation and adrenaline levels skyrocket.’
- ‘Water sports such as canoeing, yachting, windsurfing and swimming should be encouraged.’
- ‘His own advisers confessed one of their greatest regrets was allowing the senator to be photographed windsurfing - a sport of the jet-set elite, rather than the average Joe.’
- ‘Beaches are used for swimming, surfing, jogging, cycling, horseback riding, and windsurfing.’
- ‘Water-skiing, windsurfing, kayaking, sail boating and snorkeling are complimentary on the entire Windstar line.’
- ‘Daytime activities include golf, tennis, mountain biking, water skiing, windsurfing, sailing and snorkelling - all are available with qualified instruction.’
- ‘She worked overseas for three years, teaching windsurfing and waterskiing in America, and learning to scuba dive in Fiji.’
- ‘One side of the island has a terrific beach and a large lagoon, with windsurfing, water bikes, dinghy sailing, and safe bathing.’
- ‘Adults can amuse themselves with windsurfing, water-skiing, snorkelling lessons and paragliding.’
- ‘In essence, this new intense sport is windsurfing without those nasty, nonsensical items like safety or sanity.’
- ‘Water sports, including sailing, windsurfing, and fishing, are popular with Bahamians and tourists alike.’
- ‘Also, water sports enthusiasts may prefer to stick to the surfing, windsurfing and kite-surfing meccas of Maui and Oahu, rather than visit all of the islands.’
- ‘Kitesurfing evolved in the mid-1990s out of other extreme water sports, combining the most exciting elements of windsurfing and wakeboarding and taking them to vastly greater heights.’
- ‘So when Nikos Kaklamanakis, who won a gold medal for windsurfing at Sydney four years ago, walked out there were more than one or two puzzled expressions.’
- ‘Both Thai and foreign women are becoming addicted to the sport of windsurfing.’
- ‘He loves extreme sports like windsurfing, motor racing and water jet riding.’
- ‘Fishing, waterskiing, windsurfing, boat races and swimming are also favorite activities.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.