One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A wide silk bias-cut tie, tied in a loose double knot.
- ‘All of our new and existing inventory of full back vest lines will now be available with bows as well as Windsor ties.’
- ‘Typically, your collar should be up to allow ease of maneuvering, and to prevent creases in your tie while tying the Full Windsor tie knot.’
- ‘Democratic Representative Robert Alexis Green, wearer of flowing Windsor ties, announced that he would never again attend a White House function as long as the Hoovers were there.’
- ‘Today it is acceptable for a man to wear different colored tuxedo shirts, a vest instead of a cummerbund, a solid colored long tie referred to as a Windsor tie, a button instead of a tie, or a selected combination of the above.’
- ‘There was also more latitude with neck wear than with a Frock Suit, with Windsor ties more common than bow ties.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.