One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A favourable opportunity for doing something that must be seized immediately.
chance, lucky chance, good time, golden opportunity, time, occasion, moment, favourable moment, favourable occasion, favourable time, right set of circumstances, appropriate moment, appropriate occasion, appropriate time, suitable moment, suitable occasion, suitable time, opportune moment, opportune occasion, opportune time, opening, option, window, window of opportunity, slot, turn, go, run, clear run, field dayView synonyms
- ‘Dave gets on the phone for a while, but then says they have a window of opportunity and must go.’
- ‘The Bills may have a one-year window of opportunity before they must rebuild an aging roster.’
- ‘Alas, both men missed their windows of opportunity.’
- ‘Management, coaches and players view this season as a window of opportunity that must be seized.’
- ‘I call that the window of opportunity - these dollars that we're receiving.’
- ‘Too often restaurants that don't have a sommelier miss this window of opportunity.’
- ‘There is a unique window of opportunity to seize the advantages produced by the crisis.’
- ‘I had missed the window of opportunity to get the jet in the best landing configuration.’
- ‘A window of opportunity was created for the national bourgeoisie in the underdeveloped countries.’
- ‘Camera in hand, motionless, I waited for the right moment, my window of opportunity.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.