One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See window dressing
- ‘He began his fashion career 40 years ago as a window dresser at La Rinascente, Milan's leading department store.’
- ‘I did all sorts of jobs including working as a window-dresser for Austin Reed.’
- ‘After studying at the Architectural Association in London, he freelanced as a window dresser at Barney's New York.’
- ‘Two window dressers were already putting a beautiful black gown on a brand new mannequin.’
- ‘After working for a time as a window dresser, she gained a place at the London Academy of Dramatic Arts.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.