One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See window shopping
look around, look round, have a look, peruseView synonyms
- ‘Right after Christmas she window-shops for the right gift for 'him'.’
- ‘That taken care of, we walked around town a bit, and window-shopped in the old-town.’
- ‘Clad in coats, the huddled few marched with purpose, only rarely stopping to window-shop.’
- ‘Like before, we had several hours before our next train, so we window-shopped and ate lunch.’
- ‘I stopped and pretended to window-shop.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.