One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It's an album that is as beautiful, harmonious and calm as a blue sky on a windless day.’
- ‘As a result, we used to sleep with the many others on the open terrace, looking at the stars in a windless night, hoping that the fumes from the mosquito coil would keep away the buzzing creatures from us.’
- ‘Wind power cannot entirely replace fossil-fueled plants because some generating capacity must be maintained on standby for windless periods.’
- ‘The weather was simply incredible: sunny, windless, and in the mid-60s Fahrenheit.’
- ‘The crew experienced all that Bass Strait could offer, from a calm windless night to a south-westerly gale, but with the team working well together, all events became just part of the sailing experience.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.