One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
West Indians, especially the West Indian cricket team.
- ‘They made me miss the Mound for the Test match, but at least the Windies won!’
- ‘Brian Lara, the Windies only remaining genuinely great cricketer, has scored 100 runs total in the first three tests.’
- ‘At the time of going to press, the Windies were 77 without loss.’
- ‘Liebenberg is a qualified physiotherapist who has been contracted to the Windies for the duration of the World Cup.’
- ‘We're doing okay at the cricket, being 158-1 against the Windies.’
- ‘The Windies will begin their reply in 30 minutes.’
- ‘However, massive credit to the Windies, who seem to be gelling into a rather attractive team of late.’
- ‘The Windies were making a last ditch effort to save the match with Lara at the middle.’
- ‘The Windies have never really looked competitive throughout the series.’
- ‘Soon after medium pacer Gayan Wijekoon snapped up Sarwan caught at short leg by Ian Daniel and the Windies slipped to 53 for 3.’
- ‘Kenya hit 166 and then bowled out the Windies for 93.’
- ‘Trescothick is still going at a run a ball and the Windies look a touch deflated out there.’
- ‘Windies all out for 237, Aussies 1 for 120.’
- ‘I used to love watching Australia play the Windies, loved watching Viv Richards.’
- ‘We followed the Ashes, the English County Championship, Cricket in the Windies.’
- ‘In comparison to the yesteryear of Caribbean cricket, the present Windies are a " Sad Sight ".’
- ‘The Windies will be a force to be reckoned within the next U - 19 World Cup to be staged in New Zealand.’
- ‘The Windies aren't doing any better than I am.’
- ‘His contract ends only next year after the tour to the Windies.’
- ‘Whoever wins, will almost certainly qualify for the Super Six phase, although the Windies must still beat Kenya on Tuesday.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.