One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A wind-resistant jacket with a close-fitting neck, waistband, and cuffs; a windcheater.
- ‘Instead, according to the weather bureau, you'll be more comfortable in raincoats and windbreakers - if you intend venturing outdoors.’
- ‘T-shirts and V-neck jerseys featured in this collection, along with several bomber jackets and windbreakers.’
- ‘I got up and put on my windbreaker over my tee-shirt and jeans.’
- ‘Why take a three-pound, multi-zippered, multi-pocketed, expedition jacket when an eight-ounce windbreaker is sufficient?’
- ‘You are well advised to take along a heavy sweater and a windbreaker or jacket.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.