One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A form of exercise involving moving from a walk or slow run to a faster run and repeatedly reversing the process.
- ‘While big-league ballplayers are spending their days running wind sprints and playing long toss, fantasy baseball owners have a slightly less rigorous regimen.’
- ‘Rosado suffered the injury while running the last wind sprint of his workout last Thursday, a strain high in the left hamstring.’
- ‘Add to that mix some cardiovascular and toning work with wind sprints, lunges, hovers and resistance band training.’
- ‘He runs wind sprints to build his quick-reaction time.’
- ‘University study is not a wind sprint, it's a multiyear intellectual marathon.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.