One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for sun spider
- ‘Worldwide, there are about 900 known species of wind scorpions, and in North America there are 120.’
- ‘Chomping down with oversize jaws, a wind scorpion (also known as a camel spider, sun spider, or solifugid) lunches on a lizard in California's Mojave Desert.’
- ‘They are also called wind scorpions because they appear to run as fast as the wind.’
- ‘The jaws of a wind scorpion are proportionally larger than almost any other animal on Earth.’
- ‘Some 1,100 species of wind scorpions, known to science as solifugids, inhabit the desert regions of Africa, the Middle East, Asia, Europe, and the Americas.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.