One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A diagram showing the relative frequency of wind directions at a place.
- ‘A wind rose is a graphic chart that averages these recorded wind directions and speeds and plots them about a circle.’
- ‘Unpublished wind rose data reveal that prevailing winds are generally from the west, with significant components from both the northwest and southwest.’
- ‘Amazingly, the wind rose on the compass, and the original mica cover have survived intact.’
- ‘And you can see from the wind rose for Geralds that the predominance of winds is as you would expect are from the sector which favors the approach from the west.’
- ‘The analyzed data from a wind rose, including strength and direction of wind at Geralds has confirmed, so far, the usability of the airport at 98.7%.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.