A diagram showing the relative frequency of wind directions at a place.
- ‘And you can see from the wind rose for Geralds that the predominance of winds is as you would expect are from the sector which favors the approach from the west.’
- ‘Unpublished wind rose data reveal that prevailing winds are generally from the west, with significant components from both the northwest and southwest.’
- ‘A wind rose is a graphic chart that averages these recorded wind directions and speeds and plots them about a circle.’
- ‘The analyzed data from a wind rose, including strength and direction of wind at Geralds has confirmed, so far, the usability of the airport at 98.7%.’
- ‘Amazingly, the wind rose on the compass, and the original mica cover have survived intact.’