One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Pollination of plants by means of pollen carried on the wind.‘favourable conditions for wind pollination’
- ‘The plantation was selected for the study of wind pollination.’
- ‘Protogyny, wind pollination and/or insect pollination are suspected, while reference to floral volatiles remains contradictory and anecdotal.’
- ‘Wind pollination was suspected because mature stamens are largely exerted from the inflorescences.’
- ‘They are long-lived perennials that are insect-pollinated with little or no evidence of wind pollination and appear to be predominately outcrossing.’
- ‘They suggested that this suite of characters is an adaptation which increases the efficiency of wind pollination while ensuring the exclusion of foreign particles.’
- ‘The drier climate encouraged the gymnosperms, which reproduced by exposed seeds and wind pollination.’
- ‘Effective wind pollination is essential if you are growing sweet corn.’
- ‘Several types of fungi block wind pollination of their grass hosts forcing them to inbreed with its resulting genetic uniformity.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.