- ‘Back on the bridge of Gemini Storm, George and I watched as the digital wind gauge increased to 14 knots.’
- ‘His outdoor best at the AAA Champs would also have been a national record but for the lack of a functioning wind gauge at Manchester.’
- ‘The next day he was told a faulty wind gauge had invalidated his time.’
- ‘A wind gauge is required on top of the Rock with a dial that all can read at the bottom.’
- ‘She finished second in the race overall in a time of 12.5 seconds - but her record may not be ratified because the wind gauge was not working.’
- ‘Juneau residents tell you with glee that when meteorologists decided to measure the strength of the Taku, the wind gauges they erected were blown away.’
- ‘And we have wind gauges that tell us of 45 miles an hour tropical storm force.’
- 1.1An apparatus attached to the sights of a gun enabling allowance to be made for the wind in shooting.