[mass noun] Electrical energy obtained from harnessing the wind with windmills or wind turbines.
- ‘Denmark was the first country to use wind energy for electricity production.’
- ‘The wind plant captures and transforms wind energy into direct current electricity.’
- ‘It was more surprising that many of the respondents also had not recently heard or read about hydrogen cars, wind energy or nuclear energy.’
- ‘We should exploit solar energy, wind energy and energy wastes and biogas more effectively.’
- ‘Only 1 per cent of the country's electricity supply is sourced from wind energy.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.