One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A group of musicians playing mainly woodwind instruments.
- ‘Gymnasts and rhythm machines, silent stagehands and circus artists, inflatable plastic animals and marching wind bands - there seemed to be nothing that he dared not touch.’
- ‘He set up a wind band and then a brass band for his mature students and helped disabled groups in their musical productions.’
- ‘The final disc includes some wonderful arrangements for wind band that include a rip-roaring account of Walton's ‘Crown Imperial’ march.’
- ‘Ulverston Victoria High School's wind band is going on tour in Italy next year.’
- ‘John of Gaunt entered five groups in this year's regional festival including its wind band, low brass ensemble and trombone octet.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.