One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The pilot was wincingly painful to watch as it was littered with a laugh track and poorly written jokes.’
- ‘A Scots comedian's wincingly accurate portrayal of life inside the corridors of power depicting a downtrodden minister and a bullying spin doctor has already received widespread acclaim.’
- ‘While wincingly memorable and undoubtedly made by an historic personage, it has no historical significance in the sense we understand.’
- ‘This is a very funny play, and also a wincingly painful one.’
- ‘Mind you, I wouldn't mind not hearing some of the local ads, which can be wincingly bad.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.