A lightweight napped flannelette, used especially for nightclothes and undergarments.
- ‘I'm warm in my striped winceyette pyjamas and soft cotton bedding, my bedspread pulled up tight around my ears.’
- ‘In the 1960s and 1970s, a new winceyette nightie and a boxed set of pink talc and bath cubes from Woolies were the ultimate in luxury.’
- ‘What is the type of linen and towels used, could it be bobbly winceyette sheets for summer use?’
- ‘In a world of Gap, Armani and Nike swooshes, the St Michael label has the feel of winceyette nighties and prawn sandwiches.’
- ‘Minimalism won't suit those of us who like to sleep with fluffy toys or wear floral winceyette nighties.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.