One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A lightweight napped flannelette, used especially for nightclothes and undergarments.
- ‘In the 1960s and 1970s, a new winceyette nightie and a boxed set of pink talc and bath cubes from Woolies were the ultimate in luxury.’
- ‘In a world of Gap, Armani and Nike swooshes, the St Michael label has the feel of winceyette nighties and prawn sandwiches.’
- ‘What is the type of linen and towels used, could it be bobbly winceyette sheets for summer use?’
- ‘Minimalism won't suit those of us who like to sleep with fluffy toys or wear floral winceyette nighties.’
- ‘I'm warm in my striped winceyette pyjamas and soft cotton bedding, my bedspread pulled up tight around my ears.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.