One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Weak and cowardly or feeble.‘I'm too wimpy to express my own opinions’
- ‘You're sounding wimpier by the minute.’
- ‘But my voice came out quiet, wimpier than I wanted it to.’
- ‘Loving and even occasionally giving in to your children is not synonymous with being wimpy.’
- ‘In terms of the epidemiology it is getting wimpier, but I don't know whether it is in terms of severity of disease.’
- ‘As she listened to Bruce go on and on about his uncle, he sounded wimpier and wimpier.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.