One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Weak and cowardly or feeble.‘I'm too wimpy to express my own opinions’
- ‘As she listened to Bruce go on and on about his uncle, he sounded wimpier and wimpier.’
- ‘In terms of the epidemiology it is getting wimpier, but I don't know whether it is in terms of severity of disease.’
- ‘You're sounding wimpier by the minute.’
- ‘Loving and even occasionally giving in to your children is not synonymous with being wimpy.’
- ‘But my voice came out quiet, wimpier than I wanted it to.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.