One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Pottery with a willow-pattern design.
- ‘On these were placed all the old china the farmhouse attic afforded; including numerous pieces of the old blue and white willowware pattern.’
- ‘This successful woodenware and willowware merchant was a dedicated philanthropist.’
- ‘Not unless there's a mortgage company that takes down payments in sixties Superhero comic books and Great Aunt Martha's willowware.’
- ‘They make a nice antidote to the Anglophobia of the breakfast rooms, where a persuasive case is made for polished mahogany, willowware and crustless toast.’
- ‘You'll also see hand-painted vases, Toby jugs, majolica, and willowware, examples of Pyro (the first ovenware), royal dinner services, and sculpture by modern artists.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.