One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Gather (herbs, plants, and fungi) from the wild.
- ‘The new Mugwort was wildcrafted and cured by the proprietor of the shop, and is leaf-only.’
- ‘Medicinal plants are wildcrafted from the bush or forest and not cultivated, since the plants are plentiful and not hard to find; one herbalist kept a kitchen garden.’
- ‘For instance, nettles that he sells to a local cheesemaker mean lucrative wildcrafting during the slow harvests of early spring.’
- ‘Medicinal plants are predominantly wildcrafted and dispensed mainly by decoction, although prepared formulas are given.’
- ‘True, the organization may well be doing an excellent job in monitoring organic standards for agriculture in Britain, but wildcrafting throughout the world is something else entirely.’
The action or practice of wildcrafting.
- ‘The wildcraft of mushroom hunting is directly related to our stomachs.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.